I talked last time about applying the seven operations of alchemy to the process of transforming anything – selves, businesses, relationships, whatever. And while it sounds really cool to put it in alchemical terms, I think putting it in mundane terms is probably more useful.
So what’s the roadmap to transformation?
- Be willing to let go of anything which doesn’t serve the new purpose.
- Whatever changes the new state of existence brings, go with the flow.
- Gather and keep any old bits that still work.
- Take what works, add in any necessary new parts, and use it all to create the best new thing you can make
- Give it life. Feed it. Fuel it. Nurture it.
- Grease the squeaky wheels. Delete unnecessary apps. Optimize everything.
- Incorporate the result fully into your existence.